- ½ cup unhulled tahini
- ½ cup pure floral honey
- 2 tb cocoa powder
- 3 cups Freedom Foods Rice Puffs
- ¼ cup currants
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut
- ¼ cup pepitas
- Line a 30x20cm slice tin with baking paper.
- In a small saucepan over a low heat melt the tahini and honey until runny. Stir frequently to combine and be careful not to let the mixture boil. Add the cocoa powder and stir to combine, ensuring there are no lumps.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the puffed rice, currant s, coconut and pepitas. Pour in the cocoa mixture and with a spoon gently fold and mix until the dry ingredients are coated.
- Transfer the gooey mixture into the prepared slice tin and spread out with a spoon. Place a sheet of baking paper over the top and using a flat metal fish slice press the mixture down firmly. Place the tin in the fridge for at least 2 hours to set .
- Remove from the fridge and turn out of the t in onto a board. Using a sharp knife cut into squares and serve.
- If not serving straight away the squares will keep in t he freezer for up to 3 months or in the fridge for 4-5 days.
Recipe by: Dr Joanna McMillan Nutritional Advisor for Freedom Foods