The most common food allergies people suffer are Milk, Eggs, Peanuts, Soy, Tree Nuts, Fish, Shellfish, and Wheat. Proteins in these eight major foods are estimated to cause 90 percent of the allergic reactions in the developed world. Of all of these, Soy is one of the most under diagnosed of allergies. Soy products have health benefits and are a great alternative for non-soy allergy sufferers.
Here is a list of seven symptoms of soy intolerance provided;
- Vomiting, nausea, bloating, cramps, diarrhoea.
- Difficulty breathing, speaking or a drop in blood pressure.
- Heart palpitations, loss of consciousness.
- Anxiety, faintness, distress.
- Hives or a rash, red and itchy skin, flushed face.
- Swelling of the eyes, face, lips, throat, and tongue.
- Weakness, paleness, or sense of doom.
Accurate assessment of your food intolerances/allergies is important. Your Naturopath can thoroughly assess your symptoms, diet and use testing for confirmation. All of this information can be cross-referenced for an accurate assessment.
Naturopathic treatment may include supplementation of deficiencies, homoeopathic desensitisation and diet.
Alternatives are helpful when altering the diet for continued optimal nutritional and health resolution.
Some alternatives that may help are;
Protein rich vegetables
Protein rich fruit
(taking into consideration other food allergies)
Here’s a fun recipe idea. Use Kylie’s Pancake Mix to make pancakes with grated Zucchini. Then make the pancakes part of a grilled veggie stack with a great peso sauce.